It’s January, here we go again…
You’re headed to the gym, your palate will never experience bread, potatoes, or pasta again. Delectable cookies, cake, or ice cream are poison to your body and soul. Salad greens only consumed without dressing, fresh fruit and veggies are always recommended. Ah-ha, that’s the answer- exist only on fruits and vegetables until your body reaches perfection!
The food you eat or don’t eat and frequency of physical activity does affect your health and fitness. Do you want to know the origin of your health and fitness challenges and where your work really needs to be focused?
It’s All in Your Head!
- Attitude – exercise your mind to have a strong opinion, mentally decided to be positive, encouraging, realistic, and fair to yourself. Sing your praises, slips ups are part of the learning process, not signs of failure.
- Demolish strongholds – those strong opinions you hold telling yourself: “I can’t do this,” “I don’t care, I want the cookie anyway,” I feel fat” when you’re actually very thin, “It’s not fair I have diabetes.” Delete these thoughts and statements.
- A lie believed as truth will affect your life as if it were true. Do you tell yourself: “It doesn’t matter if I check my blood sugar,” “I will never be able to lose weight. I’ve been overweight my whole life,” “I’ve never liked fruit or vegetables and I never will,” “I don’t have time to cook,” as one with anorexia “I’m not hungry, so I don’t need to eat?”
- You CAN rewire your brain. The prefrontal cortex controls cravings and it is possible to interrupt the craving (addiction) pathway with mindfulness, changed self-talk, and tools to decrease anxiety and meditation.
- Live a life of active gratitude. Your legs are strong and they work, do you enjoy long walks? You have the resources to afford the gym, do you utilize this privilege?
Get your head on track – your thoughts and behaviors will follow.
Happy New Year! -CB